Seref Sagiroglu, Gazi University, Turkey.
Prof. Dr. Seref Sagiroglu completed his undergraduate education in 1987 at Erciyes University, Department of Electronics Engineering. He completed his doctoral studies at the University of Wales College of Cardiff (now Cardiff University, UK) in 1994. He continues his academic career as the full professor in Software Engineering at Gazi University Computer Engineering Department. Sagiroglu has an outstanding academic with more than 8000 citation; almost 400 articles published in SCI/SSCI indexed journals, national and international conferences, symposium and workshops.
– İs author and/or editor of more than 20 books, owns 4 patents and has completed national and international projects on security, big data, intelligent modeling and control, biometric, etc.
– organised more than 50 national and international events on artificial intelligence, 5G, Big Data, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Information and Cyber Security, Privacy, IPv6, etc. as a chairman or co-chairman. Some of them are: International Conference on Information Security and Cryptology (www.iscturkey.org); IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Engineering (www.ubmk.org); IEEE Big Data, Deep Learning and Fighting Cyber Terrorisms (www.ibigdelft.org); IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (www.icmla-conferences.org); Big Data Analytics, Security and Privacy Workshop (www.bigdatacenter.gazi.edu.tr); National Cyber Terrorism Conference (www.siberteror.org); Turkey Open Data Conference (www.acikveriturkiye.org); IEEE 5G Summit-Istanbul (www.ieeesummit.org); IPv6 Council Turkey (www.ipv6forumtr.org); National IPv6 Conference (www.ipv6.org).
– also has been founding members of Information Security Association (www.bilgiguvenligi.org.tr); Member of IEEE Biometric Task Force; Turkish Science Research Foundation (www.tubav.org.tr), and The Foundation of the People Caring for the Future (www.gonder.org.tr). Sagiroglu had such duties as President and Executive Committee Members of those NGOs.
– completed the duties as the Deans of Graduation School of Science and Technology and Engineering Faculty, and Head of Computer Engineering Department at Gazi University; Editors of International Journal of Information Security Science (www.ijiss.org); International Journal of Information Security Engineering (in Turkish) (www.dergipark.gov.tr/ubgmd) and CyberMag (www.cybermag.com); General Director of FutureTech (www.futuretech.com.tr); Member of Cyber Security Group of Higher Education Council of Turkey.
– contributed to consultants to Havelsan; IT Regulatory Body of Turkey (BTK) and Personal Data Protection Regulatory Body of Turkey (KVKK).
– has delivered as invited or keynote speakers more than 500 seminars, talks, conferences at universities, schools, sectors, TV and Radio Programs, institutions and organisations in the topics of Information Security, Big and Open Data, Cyber Security and Defense, Artificial Intelligence, Computer and Software Engineering, Privacy, Biometrics, Innovation Culture Creation, IPv6, 5G, etc.
– now is the director of AI and Big Data Ceter of Gazi University, Ankara Turkey.